Frequenty Asked Questions
Q1: Is MobiGATE-SG a GSM Modem?
Answer: Yes and no. No as it is a SMS Gateway. Yes as it has GSM modem inside.
Q2: What is a SMS Gateway
- SMS Gateway is an interface between software application and the SMS Centre of GSM network operator.
- The software application can be ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, Accouting Software, Network Monitoring, etc. With MobiGATE-SG, software application is able to send and receive SMS.
Q3: How can my sofware application integrate with MobiGATE-SG?
- via database (MySQL or MS SQL);
- or via COM-ActiveX (that can be called from VB, VB.net, C++, C#, Delphi, PHP, Java, ASP, ASP.net)
Q4: In what situation is MobiGATE-SG can be used?
- Mass broadcast mobile commerce with large volume of transaction;
- System alert;
- To place a SMS Gateway in data centre or server rack.
Q5: How many SIM cards can be inserted?
Answer: 4 or 8 SIM cards.
Q6: If I used 4 SIM cards, can I have 1 number for all 4 SIM cards?
Answer: Yes, you can use Maxis "Multi-SIM 1 Line" service. Please contact Maxis directly.
Q7: Is MobiGATE-SG a hardware?
Answer: It has both hardware and software component (not software application).
Q8: What features does it have?
- It support Chinese characters and unicode (using SMS Engine Enterprise - Edition);
- It is able route outgoing SMS to use a specific SIM card/SMS centre to send out SMS (using SMS Engine Enterprise - Edition);
Q9: What is the system requirement for using MobiGATE-SG?
- Windows Operating System: Windows 2000 server / XP Pro / 2003 server / Vista Business Edition / 2008 server
- 2 USB ports or 2 PCI slots or 2 PCI-e slots
- JRE 1.6 (optional)
- Database server:- Microsoft SQL server 2000 / 2003 / 2008 Enterprise Edition; or MySQL Server version 4.1 and above
For more information, please refer to corporate blog on SMS Gateway.
To order, please contact us.
copyright © 2013 MOBITEK System Sdn. Bhd.